2021 Health & Safety Policy
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING STATE FAIR MEADOWLANDS
The health and safety of our guests is our top priority. We have implemented several measures that you will see in our fair which are each designed to protect State Fair guests and employees from potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus (“Coronavirus”), by minimizing contacts, promoting social distancing and increasing sanitation throughout the park.
In addition, to further protect the health and safety of our guests and employees, you will not be admitted to the fair and you should stay home if within past fourteen (14) days you have:
- Tested positive or have been deemed presumptively positive with the Coronavirus;
- Sought testing to determine whether you might have the Coronavirus, and have not yet received the results;
- Been informed that you may have been exposed to Coronavirus or learned that you have been in the immediate vicinity of a person now known to have been carrying the Coronavirus; or
- Experienced any of the following symptoms commonly associated with the Coronavirus, including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, OR two or more of any of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
Prior to entering the fair, you will undergo a non-invasive temperature check. If your temperature is 100.40 F or higher, you will be directed to one of our medical technicians to determine whether we can safely admit you to the park. No personal information or data will be recorded or retained in any manner in connection with this process.
Once you enter the fair, you must:
- Wear your protective face mask at all times during your visit (other than children two and under); and
- Adhere to the social distancing and sanitization guidelines posted throughout the fair.
We reserves the right to modify these requirements on a case-by-case basis to accommodate any circumstance that in State Fair Meadowlands sole discretion warrants a modification to this policy.
State Fair Meadowlands cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to Coronavirus during your visit. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from Coronavirus. Guests should evaluate their own risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread Coronavirus if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to Coronavirus. By coming to the fair, you acknowledge and agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with attendance.
If at any time State Fair Meadowlands determines that a guest does not meet the criteria outlined in this policy, State Fair Meadowlands reserves the right to refuse entry or (if the guest is already in the fair) immediately remove the guest from the fair. These actions are at the sole discretion of management.
By entering the fair you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to abide by this policy. If you have any questions, or if you do not understand the policy, please speak with guest relations. OUR PROTOCOLS MAY CHANGE BASED ON STATE GUIDELINES. PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
- Require Guests to follow our Robust Health Policy: Prior to visiting the fair, all guests will be asked to carefully review our health policy.
- Require all Guests and Team Members to Wear Masks: All guests over the age of 2 and all team members will be required to wear face masks covering the nose and mouth throughout their time on the property. Neck gaiters, bandanas, and masks with ventilation valves are not permitted.
- All guest and staff will have their temperature taken before entering the fairgrounds. Any temperature about 100.4F will not be permitted to enter.
- Check the Temperature of Employees: Team Members will be screened for high temperatures when they arrive on the property.
Social Distancing Protocols
- Control Daily Fair Capacity: We will be controlling the maximum daily attendance at the fair to maximize the space available to each guest.
- Implement Online Ticket Sales: To reduce congestion at the front gate and to ensure a great experience for all visitors, we’ll be implementing online ticket sales for all guests
- Promote 6 ft Separation in all Queues: We’ll have clear markers in all of our entry, ride, restroom and dining queues to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Personnel will monitor the queues to ensure that the social distancing is promoted.
- Promote Guest Separation in Seating Areas: Our dining and show seating areas will be reconfigured to encourage plenty of distance between seated parties. In areas where strangers are seated together, seats will be removed or blocked off to promote a clear 6-foot gap between guests.
- Separate Guests on Rides & Attractions: We’ve developed plans for each of our rides and attractions to minimize contact between parties and promote social distancing. Strategies for separating guests include leaving empty seats between guests and maximizing ride vehicle designs.
- Minimize Guest Contact During Security Pre-screen: We will be using technology designed to efficiently perform bag checks and metal detection with minimal contact.
- Separate Guests in Entertainment Viewing Areas: Guests viewing entertainment, in the form of live outdoor shows, fireworks, or other people playing games, will be separated from the performances and each other by at least six feet.
Sanitization and Disinfection Protocols
- Cleaning Teams to Disinfect Common Areas: We are significantly increasing our efforts to sanitize and disinfect all high touch points, such as chairs, benches, tables, cans, etc.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations Throughout the Fair: We will have a large number of stations throughout the park offering free hand sanitizer to guests and employees.
- Frequently Monitor and Sanitize Restroom Area: We will staff each restroom area with personnel who will disinfect all high touch point areas within the restrooms on a regular basis.
- Frequently Sanitize & Disinfect Rides: Cleaning teams will spray or wipe down seats and restraints to give the riders a safe and sanitary experience.
- Frequently Clean & Sanitize Employee Work Areas: Team Member work areas will be sanitized multiple times each day according to CDC guidelines.
- Encourage Hand Sanitization When Entering Ride: To maximize the sanitization of our rides, we’ll provide and encourage the use of hand sanitizer at the entrance of all ride queues.
- Mandatory COVID-19 Training for State Fair Employees: We’ll require all of our employees to participate in a training program instructing them how to stay safe and keep our guests safe.