New Jersey’s Single Largest Family-Friendly Event Adds Extra Week of Summer Fun
Now Running June 18-July 11 at MetLife Stadium
NJ’s great escape boasts hundreds of rides, exhibits and attractions including Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean, Jurassic Kingdom and beloved favorites such as Racing Pigs and lots more.
East Rutherford, NJ – The State Fair Meadowlands is back and better than ever, adding an additional week of summer fun. After missing last year due to the pandemic, State Fair Meadowlands returns as “The One and Only Fair That Matters!” New Jersey’s Great Escape will take place at MetLife Stadium from June 18 – July 11, 2021. Spread over 35 acres, plus free parking, the Fair is a fun-packed event that fits anyone’s budget.
An essential part of the Fair experience is enjoying all of the top-notch FREE entertainment and tasting all the mouth-watering food and this year’s offerings will not disappoint, with an assortment of delicious food and beverages continuing to be among the Fair’s biggest attractions.
“We’re so happy to be back and took the extra time to make the Fair the safest event in NJ,” State Fair Meadowlands Vice President Al Dorso Jr. said. “This year, we extended the hours and days, with a total of 6 more days to enjoy the Fair. We also continue to have our pulse on the hottest trends in fair entertainment and searched for the hottest acts for our fairgoers.”
This year’s Fair features a robust entertainment lineup including, but not limited to the Jurassic Kingdom and Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean as well as perennial favorites such as Cycle Circus Live, Master Hypnotist Steve Bayner, Magician Jay Mattioli, the beloved Racing Pigs and so much more. And, don’t forget the spectacular fireworks shows on July 3 and 4, which are always a huge draw!”
Taking place over 24 days, State Fair Meadowlands will be open on weeknights from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m., (Opening Night Friday, 5p.m.-1a.m.) Fridays from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturdays from 2 p.m.-1 a.m. and Sundays from 2 p.m.-12 a.m. Parking is free every day of the Fair. For people arriving or departing by Uber, follow signage for the drop off/pick-up location. Tickets must be purchased online in advance at www.njfair.com. Pricing information can be found at http://njfair.com/tickets/.
Highlight of this year’s Fair:
- Cap off a fun-filled day at the Fair with the family with a Spectacular Fireworks Display visible from anywhere on the Fairgrounds, Saturday July 3 and Sunday July 4 (approximately 10:30pm).
- Jurassic Kingdom, an amazingly life-like dinosaur show in which the audience can interact live with the dinosaurs.
- Cycle Circus Live, another returning act, is the largest FMX Entertainment Show of its kind in the world. It stars world champion FMX cyclist daredevils who’ll amaze you with their stunts.
- Prefer the high-wire? Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean, a world-renowned family high-wire act, will leave you on the edge of their seats as you watch their daring acrobatics.
- If Live Stage Shows are more your style, the Fair has plenty of that, too. You’ll be amazed with the Steve Bayner Hypnotist Show, Bob Bohm Magic and Jay Mattioli as he performs awe-inspiring feats of magic with everything from live animals to levitating microphones.
- New this year is the Survivor Game Show. Think “Survivor” meets “Gilligan’s Island” in this interactive event in which silly challenges delight the audience.
- In Farmily Feud, Agricultural education becomes fun and entertaining. Teams are pitted against each other.
- One of the Fair’s most beloved attractions, the Racing Pigs, is returning from Florida. Watch the adorable oinkers as they race around the track for a tasty treat and first-place glory.
- Rounding out the State Fair Meadowlands’ lineup of free attractions and shows is the Educational Petting Zoo – NJ’s largest traveling zoo in North America. Adults and children alike can get up and close with a myriad of animals from around the world (e.g. ponies, goats, llamas, donkey’s and more). Everyone can also saddle up and channel their inner cowboy or cowgirl for pony rides. Please note that these rides cost $5 and are not part of the Fun Pass.
Who’s not ravenous after a day at the Fair? We’ve got you covered here, too. The State Fair Meadowlands has something for everyone from healthy to decadent with the best food and beverage vendors in the country. Offerings include corn dogs, funnel cake and cotton candy to donut burgers, fresh-squeezed lemonade, ice cream and every deep-fried treat you can imagine.
But if you’re in the mood for something different, you can just easily dine on savory kabobs, gyros or healthier fare like Greek and Italian Salads, polished off with some Italian Ice. The Fairgrounds will also feature hundreds of heart-pounding rides and attractions for all ages including the largest Kiddie Land in New Jersey. This open-air event will follow all CDC, state and local guidelines. Event logistics are regularly evaluated for enhanced health and safety protocols. Please check our website for updates. IS THIS EVENT
ABOUT THE STATE FAIR GROUP
The State Fair Group is dedicated to providing the best value in family entertainment. Established as a family-owned business in 1921, the State Fair Group has values that have remained the same as the fourth generation enters the family business. Our family and our team of managers share the vision of providing the highest quality service and products while maintaining traditional values and integrity, including a pledge to reduce the environmental impact of the Fair.
As Jersey’s largest single-family event, we strive to provide a fertile environment for innovation and creativity. State Fair Meadowlands is a place where families enjoy quality rides, plenty of free entertainment, exciting games and prizes, as well as a wide and diverse selection of delicious foods. There are a variety of activities to interest all ages. Careful planning and a concerted effort by all involved to develop and promote the Fair as a place where families may enjoy an exciting and affordable day of special activities is always our mission.