State Fair Meadowlands Announces Bargain Days 2017 Fair
New Jersey’s biggest event features amazing deals for families during this 18 day summer fair
East Rutherford, NJ – May 22, 2017 – State Fair Meadowlands, the largest fair in the New York metro area with over 150 rides and attractions, wants you to experience their thrilling rides, delicious food and electrifying entertainment for a great price this summer. The fair has announced its special Bargain Days for the 2017 fair, which runs from June 22 through July 9 at the State Fair Meadowlands Fairgrounds, next to MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford.
An entry ticket gets fairgoers access to all of State Fair Meadowlands’ incredible array of free entertainment. Watch in awe at the Amazing High-Dive Show and the Great American Thrill Show. Giggle at the incomparably entertaining and hilarious Master Hypnotist Steve Bayner. And don’t forget about the long-time crowd favorite, the hysterical Racing Pigs, back for their 29th straight year; plus, music, magic, fireworks shows, the biggest kiddieland in New Jersey and much, much more.
Families will really love the bargains at the fair this summer. Every day, children shorter than 34 inches get into the fair for free (everyone needs a ticket to ride the rides).
Here’s a snapshot of this year’s Bargain Days:
- Opening Night Preview Night: Thursday, June 22, 6 pm-midnight – Gate admission is $8 for ages 13 & older; $6 for ages 12 & younger. Get a Mega Pass and receive gate admission and an Unlimited Ride Hand Stamp for just $22 for all ages. Parking is $5 per carload.
- Family Value Day: Friday, June 23, 6 pm to 1 am – Gate Admission is $10 per person, all ages. Each ride is $2 per person, each game is $2 per person. There will be select food and drink items for $2 each. Parking is $2 per carload. Hand Stamps are not available tonight.
- Kids Go Free Night: Tuesday, June 27, 5 pm-midnight – Any child 12 and younger gets into the fair for free; a savings of $8 per child! There will be an Unlimited Ride Hand Stamp available for $20. For persons 13 & older, gate admission is $10 and there will be an Unlimited Ride Hand Stamp for $20; Combo Ticket for adults is $30. Parking is FREE.
- Cheap, Cheap Night: Thursday, July 6, 6 pm-midnight – Gate admission is $5 per person, all ages. An Unlimited Ride Hand Stamp is offered at $19 or you may purchase a gate admission/Unlimited Ride Hand Stamp Combo $24.
- Patron Appreciation Day: Sunday, July 9, 2 pm-midnight – Enjoy a Pay-One-Price Combo Ticket for gate admission and an Unlimited Ride Hand Stamp. The Combo Ticket is available for $33 per person for children 12 and younger. It is available for $35 for persons 13 and older. If you do not ride the rides, gate admission for persons 13 & older is $11; gate admission for children 12 & younger is $9. Parking is $5.
- Bargain Night Policies – The Advance Sale Mega Pass is NOT Valid on FAMILY VALUE DAY, Friday, June 23. Unlimited Ride Hand Stamp excludes Live Animal Rides and Special Attractions such as the Batcopter Sightseeing Ride. Gate Admission is FREE any day for children under 34”. But, everyone needs ride tickets to ride the rides. Please check height requirements for each ride before purchasing a hand stamp or individual tickets.
- Advance Sales Tickets – Purchased in advance through June 21, a Mega Pass, which includes fair admission and unlimited rides for all ages, is $27.99; an adult admission ticket, for those 13 and older, is $8.99; a child’s admission ticket, for those 12 and younger is $6.99. Buy online through June 21 at njfair.com.
This year, the fair is proud to be showcasing over 50 food vendors plus a wide range of family entertainment that is FREE with entry ticket to the event.
Returning for a second straight year is The Amazing High Dive Show, which features an 85-foot high dive tower from which daredevil divers plunge at 50 miles per hour into a 9 ½-foot pool. Don’t miss the “Fire Dive” during the last show each day. Other exciting entertainment includes The Great American Thrill Show – an open-air performance of gymnastic acrobats and aerialists, dazzling audiences on the high wire and 90-foot sway pole. Plus, the hysterical Racing Pigs are back by popular demand for a 29th consecutive year. Throw your arms in the air and cheer them on as they rip up their real piggy racetrack. You will have plenty of chances to see these pot-bellied speedsters, as they perform five races per day.
The incredible Master Hypnotist Steve Bayner will be back for two shows per day on the Main Stage. Hypnotist Bayner manages to be funny and amazing at the same time; take your chances and get up on stage with him. The fair will also hold a wide range of concerts featuring local and regional performers on the American Stage. Visit the njfair.com website for concert information.
Kids will love Commerford’s Petting Zoo & Live Animal Rides, where they can get up close and personal with animals of the world – a perfect spot for ridiculous selfies. Like all the other entertainment, the Petting Zoo is free with entry ticket. The animal rides are $5 and not part of the Unlimited Ride Hand Stamp.
State Fair Meadowlands has over 50 exciting rides and the largest Kiddieland in New Jersey. A family favorite, the Sky Ride, is back this year. Take a trip from one end of the midway to the other. Soar high above the fair and get a sky-high view of the dazzling carnival midway, not to mention the best view of New York City you will find anywhere.
Of course, what would State Fair Meadowlands be without spectacular fireworks shows? The fair is proud to announce a pair of stunning fireworks performances centered on Independence Day. Both Monday, July 3 and Tuesday, July 4 will feature the best fireworks display in the metro area lighting up the sky above the State Fair Meadowlands Fairgrounds.
State Fair Meadowlands occupies over 35 acres of fairgrounds plus parking. Fair hours are Monday through Thursday, 6 pm to midnight; Fridays 6 pm to 1 am; Saturdays 2 pm to 1 am; Sundays 2 pm to midnight. On Monday, July 3 and Tuesday, July 4 the fair is open 2 pm to 1 am.
Parking is free Monday through Wednesday, except on July 3 and July 4 when parking will be $5. Parking will be $5 Thursdays through Sundays. On Family Value Day, Friday, June 23, parking is just $2. Visit NJFAIR.COM for information about the event, Bargain Days and to buy Advance Sale Tickets.
Note to Editors
Photos are available for download at this link.
973-495-8420 / Andrew@fastlane.co